E-lesson: Introduction to transformers – e-lesson #3: The magnetic circuit
Hosted by: Orlando Giraldo / Intermediate level
In this lesson you will learn the following:
• The magnetic core
• Ferromagnetic materials used in transformer core manufacturing
• Magnetization and hysteresis curve
• Fundamental equation of transformers. Considerations.
• Design and construction of the transformer core
• Types of cores for distribution and power transformers
• Machinery to manufacture cores for distribution and power transformers
• Noise, magnetostriction, resonance
• Core losses (eddy losses and hysteresis losses) and separation method. Numerical examples.
• No load losses test in transformers. Circuit considerations.
• Procedure to calculate core losses for wound cores and for stacked cores. Numerical examples.