E-lesson: L2 TCA e-lesson #2 – Vibration and sound analysis of oil filled power transformers
Hosted by: Jon Giesecke / Intermediate level
Intermediate level: $290
Master’s level: $290
All levels: $490
After the live event has been held, all of the lessons can be attended on demand.
Provide an understanding of Vibration Analysis used to determine the clamping pressures (tightness) of an oil filled power transformer
This is the second lesson in the entire L2 Transformer Condition Assessment course, and the first one on the intermediate level.
In this lesson you will learn:
- Frequencies used to determine looseness.
- Core form vs Shell form; determining where to take readings and the importance of follow up readings.
- Vibration Analysis of oil circulation pumps in the cooling system will also be provided.
- Ultrasonic (acoustic emission) analysis of transformer main windings and pumps/motors.
- Sound Level Analysis of oil filled power transformers and how the sound levels relate to core tightness.
- A weighting vs C weighting
- Determining where to take the sound level readings