E-lesson: Transformer specification course – e-lesson #8: Classification of technical requirements – ‘essential versus optional’
Course: Transformer specification Master’s level
Hosted by: Marcos Ferreira / Master's level
If you are already a subscriber of the Transformers Academy or Transformers Magazine, please, Login with your credentials.
Attend the lesson to learn the following:
- Ratings (e.g., phases, frequency, windings, impedance, short-circuit characteristic, sound levels, angular displacement, total losses – load and no-load, insulation levels, temperature rise, load conditions, and cooling classes)
- Construction (e.g., tank types, high & low voltage bushings, OLTC, DETC, and surge arresters)
- Accessories (e.g., pressure relief devices, winding & liquid temperature gauges, liquid insulation types, grounding, and sudden pressure relay)
- Choose liquid insulation
- Choose LTC
- Choose accessories: time-based maintenance (conventional) versus condition-based maintenance (maintenance-free)
- When to consider adding DGA/bushings/OLTC online monitoring?
- What is the main difference between OLTC and DETC and when are OLTC versus DETC specified?
- What is the main difference between OLTC and VR (voltage regulator)?