缓存政策 – 英语
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files widely used to make websites work more efficiently and provide information to the owners of the websites. They are downloaded to your computer when you visit a website and sent back to the website by your browser so that the website recognises you and remembers your user preferences.
Cookies which last only for your online session are referred to as session cookies. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser but are essential as they are used to remember when the user is logged in.
Another type of cookies stay on your computer after you close your browser and these cookies are used to remember you each time you visit our website. They are referred to as persistent cookies.
Some cookies are essential for accessing secure areas of our website and these cannot be turned off. Other cookies perform different functions and you have options to control them using your browser settings.
The following categories of cookies may be used when you visit our website:
1. Strictly necessary cookies
– essential for moving around our website and using its features. They are not used to collect information about you for marketing purposes or remembering where you have been on the Internet. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
2. Functionality Cookies
– remember choices you make to improve your experience, such as language, currency or region settings. They also remember you when you subsequently visit our website.
3. Performance cookies
– allow us to manage the technical performance of our website to make sure that the website is available to all users.
4. Activity cookies
– essential to authorise your access to content and services not available unless you are registered user or subscriber. This cookie is placed on your computer when you log on and enables us to monitor which articles you read to ensure compliance with our terms and conditions and to provide users with services which reflect their needs.
5. Advertising cookies
– provided by a third party who sets their own cookies. These cookies cannot identify individual users but can be used to track your visits to multiple websites.
Controlling the cookies
Cookies can be controlled by your browser settings. Your can delete existing cookies, prevent new ones being set or have the browser require your consent before a new cookie is placed. Please note that if you remove strictly necessary cookies, this may result in severely degraded service. If you remove performance or functionality cookies, this is likely to affect your use of our website.
Third party cookies
On occasions, a number of social media tools are used to improve your interaction with the website. As a result, you may be sent third party cookies. These cookies are not controlled by us and we advise you to check the third party websites for their cookies policies.